Building REAL and Virtual Community. Our family has grown on Facebook (more than tripled this year!) and Twitter (and we are slowly dipping into Instagram and YouTube). Moral Monday CT was featured by Twitter and TwitterMusic in the premier campaign for #GoLive. Every Twitter user got a promotional video including a clip of a Moral Monday CT direct action, with us chanting “Black Lives Matter” and holding signs of the same! Did you miss that? Here it is again and share with friends.
Arts and Letters in the struggle:
- Letter Writing Party for Incarcerated Workers – December
- Moral Declaration with Rev. Barber and DUE Justice – September
- International BLM Talks, post Brazil – August
- Nuns on the Bus Caucus – July
- Week of Holy Action – April
Art Exhibit, River Rock Yoga – March
Legal Observer Training – January
Keeping racial justice in the spotlight: Media coverage in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Washington Post, UU World, Hartford Courant, The Advocate, Peace News, West Hartford News, People’s World, Counter Punch and the CT Post. And on TV, Radio, OnLine: NBC30, WNPR, NEPR, Fox 61, WFSB3, WTNH 8, CT NewsJunkie, Hartford Public Access Television (HPATV) Access Television (AccessTV.com) and the Struggle (internet program).
We look to 2017 to build deeper roots and to continue to demand an inclusive Connecticut.
- We build grassroots capacity among people of color through multi-racial coalition building, convenings, leadership development and training.
- We push change so that elected officials, law enforcement, philanthropy and others put racial equity at the core of their work.
- We develop and share on-line community to spark effective communication about racial justice and white supremacy.
Racial justice organizations will be vulnerable in the months ahead. You can help us keep on doing what we do best!